Forrest City, Arkansas
Home   |   Office of the Mayor   |   Elected Officials   |   Departments   |   Boards & Commissions   |   Information


     Forrest City Seal


City Hall
224 North Rosser
Forrest City, AR 72335



Frequently Asked Questions

What is the city's population?

According to Census 2010, Forrest City's population is 15,371.
The population of St. Francis County is 28,258.

Where can I find other census information?

Click here:

Where is the City Hall and what are the office hours?

City Hall is located at 224 N. Rosser across from the Police Station. City Hall is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.

Where do I register to vote?

Residents can register to vote at the St. Francis County Clerk's Office, Monday - Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. This office is located at 313 S. Izard in Forrest City. For more information call: 870-261-1725.

How can I vote absentee?

To obtain an applications for an absentee ballot either call the County Clerk's office at 870-261-1725 or visit the Clerk's office at the St. Francis County Courthouse, 313 S. Izard in Forrest City. They are open 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m - Monday through Friday.

Who do I contact to arrange public utility services?

Phone & Internet Service – AT&T - (800) 464-7928 -
Water/Sewer service – Forrest City Water Utility - (870) 633-2921
Electrical service – Entergy - (800) 368-3749
Electrical service - Woodruff Electric - (870) 633-2262
Gas Service - Centerpoint Reliant Energy Arkla - (800) 992-7552

Who do I contact to find out about garbage pick-up?

Trash service, handled by the City of Forrest City, goes into effect when you sign up for water service and will be picked up once a week. Call (870) 261-1418 to find out your pick-up day.

What about other debris?

The City of Forrest City's Solid Waste Department picks up non-household garbage from the curbside. Items should be separated in the following categories:

Limbs, Brush, and Wood
All other trash - Metal, Appliances, Furniture, etc.

Note: If debris is due to contracted work the contractor is responsible for clean up and disposal. For more information call 261-1418.

When does one need a building permit?

Most anything that costs over $100 needs a building permit. Permits are required for the following types of construction: additions, plumbing alterations, fences, new buildings, signs, electrical alterations, decks, fireplaces, relocation of structures, site development, swimming pools, manufactured homes, pre-fab buildings, and when repairing homes damaged by fire.

Where do I obtain a building permit?

Building Permit Applications may be obtained at the Code Enforcement Office (Mayor's Office) located at City Hall. Plumbing, Gas, Electric and Street Cut Permits may also be obtained in this office.

If I am planning to open a business, what must I do?

You must first contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 224 N. Rosser for site approval and city regulations. Once all approvals are received, you must go to the City Clerk's office to obtain an occupational license. Occupational licenses are renewed yearly. The Code Enforcement Officer's number is 870-633-1315. The number for the City Clerk is 870-633-1692.

How do I pay a parking ticket?

Parking tickets are handled by the Municipal Court Clerk's Office at 615 E. Cross. You can pay your parking ticket or go to court on the date listed on the ticket. Read the instructions on the back of the ticket for more information or call the Municipal Court Clerk's Office at 870-261-1410.

Do I need a permit to have a rummage sale?

Yes. To obtain a permit for a rummage sale, you must go by the City Clerk's at 224 N. Rosser. There is no charge for the permit. For more information, call 870-633-1692.

Local    |    State & Regional    |    FAQs    |    Contact Us